IBM 00V7590 Overview
The LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridge from IBM is designed to help organizations manage explosive data growth, sustain rapid and reliable access to data, and ensure business resilience. The LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridge features 2.5TB of native capacity and 6.25TB of compressed capacity for efficiency and performance. The capacity helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space, and labor associated with tape-based data storage. The cartridge offers device-level data encryption to ensure data privacy, and reduces the risk of data corruption due to a virus or sabotage. The LTO 6 supports tape partitioning and Linear Tape File System making tape storage an even more compelling solution for data protection and preservation.
- 2.5TB native cartridge capacity reduces the number of catridges and amount of equipment, space, and labor associated with tape-based data storage
- Facilitates remote, offline data storage for superior protection from natural or man-made threats
- Tape cartridge reduces risk of data loss or corruption
- Linear Tape File System enables data file search and retrieval using directory tree structures and drag-and-drop techniques directly from the tape
- Compatibile with LTO Ultrium 6 tape drive and automation products
- Reduces data storage investment risk by utilizing open standards-based tape technology