The Aura Pro 6G SSD features industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
First and Only Complete Storage Upgrade
Once again, OWC provides Mac users the only upgrade solution that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability! When first introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option. And current base models start from 128GB to 256GB. Now, instead of being "factory locked", the OWC Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to upgrade your capacity to meet your storage needs.
Freedom of Choice
When first introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option. Now, instead of being "factory locked", the OWC Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to upgrade your capacity to meet your storage needs.
Better by Design
"Mean Time To Failure" - We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with DuraWrite™ Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most SSDs and enterprise class hard drives on the market today.
Synchronous Interface NAND
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be "synced" with the SSD processor's clock signal for maximum data throughput.
Macbook Pro specific interface
SSD Solid State Disk
DATA TRANSFER RATES
Read speed up to 501MB/sec
Write speed up to 503MB/sec
Random 4K write up to 60,000 IOPS
FLASH STORAGE DETAILS
Tier 1 Major 2X-nm Multi-Level Cell (MLC) High-Performance Sync-NAND Flash
0°C to 70°C
(Non-operational -55°C to 150°C)
480GB useable capacity
Total Flash Memory Components - 512GB
32GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction